The term ‘Johnny’s Tobacconist’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It’s subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we aren’t liable. It’ll be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which aren’t the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They don’t signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Placing an order and payment
We’re only able to accept orders made from the UK. When you place an order and pay for a product or products from Johnny’s Tobacconist, we’ll send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. We must receive payment for all the products ordered before your order can be accepted. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send you a Despatch Confirmation E-mail. Our acceptance of your order creates a legally binding contract between us.
If your item isn’t in stock, we’ll back order for you. You’ll be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you’d rather not wait.
Payments by debit or credit card are made on the secure Level 1 PCI:DSS compliant payment gateway, Worldpay using high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. Card Security Code checks (also known as CV2, CVV, CSC) as well as Address Verification System Checks (AVS) are used during the payment process. In addition, 3D Secure is used – Verified by Visa (VBV) and MasterCard SecureCode MSC).
These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us. To use this service, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card. Once you’ve registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you’ll be prompted automatically at checkout to provide this password each time you make a purchase.
*Please note: Your Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode™ password is not your Johnny’s Tobacconist account password. Johnny’s Tobacconist don’t have access to your Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode™ password.
We regret that we can’t accept cheques or cash as payment online.
Your Account (optional)
You may register with us when purchasing products using this website. For your website account, you’re responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account username and password and for preventing unauthorised access to your account. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, please therefore take all necessary precautions to ensure that the username and password is kept confidential and secure. Please inform us immediately if you’ve any reason to believe that your username and/or password has become known to anyone else, or are being, or are likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
Please ensure the details you provide us with on registration are correct, complete and up to date. Inform us immediately of any changes to those details (e.g. change of email or postal address). You can access and update your details using the My Account area of the website.
We reserve the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we do cancel an order, it’ll be without charge to you.
Products are invoiced in GBP sterling at the current price at the time you place your order. Prices displayed on the website include Value Added Tax applied at the current rate. Whilst we try and ensure all details, descriptions and prices are correct when appearing online, some products might be subject to slight variations. If, however, we discover an error in the price of items you’ve ordered, we’ll contact you as soon as possible. You’ll have the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we’re unable to contact you, we’ll treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled as we’re not obliged to honour such orders.
The delivery charge is an additional cost. Please see our Delivery Information for full details.
Product Description and Specifications
We’ve made every effort to ensure that the products displayed on this website conform to the descriptions and photographs. The colours, specifications, dimensions and descriptions of products on the website are quoted as accurately as possible. The colours you’ll see depend on the resolution of your monitor and we can’t therefore guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will always reflect accurately the colour of the product delivered. We reserve the right from time to time to vary the dimensions, specifications, descriptions and quantities of products displayed on our website without prior notice.
Delivery Times and Postage Rates
We aim to despatch your order within two business days.
We’re pleased to be able to offer our customers FREE DELIVERY on all orders over £50. If your order’s under £50, the postage charged will depend on whether you opt for standard first class or recorded first class (signed for) post. The current rates are:
Standard First Class – £3.35 flat rate
Recorded First Class (Signed For) – £4.45 flat rate
Cancellations and Returns
Under the European Directive on Consumer Rights (EDCR) you can cancel your contract with us / return products* within 14 days of receiving your order.
If you wish to cancel your order you can either:
- Tell us within 14 days of receipt. You then have a further 14 days to return your complete order
- Print, complete and return our Cancellation Form with the products within 14 days of receipt of your order
Please return the product(s) in the condition that you received them, as we may not be able to give you a full refund if the value of a product is diminished by something you’ve done.
Products must be returned at the expense of the customer unless you’re returning a faulty product. If these conditions are met, we’ll issue a full refund including original postage and packaging costs.
Until you return items to us, you’re responsible for their safe keeping and taking reasonable care of them. We don’t accept liability for returned packages damaged during transit back to us. It’s your responsibility to wrap products adequately to prevent damage.
Once we’ve received your returned products, we’ll issue your refund within 30 days.
*Please note – some product(s) can’t be cancelled or returned if incorrectly ordered or because you’ve changed your mind (these are indicated on the website). Most items can be returned, with the following exceptions:
- Loose tobacco – can’t be returned due to their nature of the product
- Packaged tobacco – if unsealed and opened
- My Custom Blend – can’t be returned as it’s a customised tobacco product
- E-liquids – if unsealed and opened
- Certain products – there may be products which are excluded from our Returns Policy. If this applies it’ll be clearly stated on the product page before you purchase
Your statutory rights are unaffected.
If on the rare occasion you receive a product which is faulty or you’re unhappy with the quality, we’d like to help you resolve the problem as quickly as possible, so please contact us on 01637 859375 or email@example.com in the first instance and we’ll look into your query as soon as possible.
Please subsequently return any such items to us at:
54 Bank Street
Please include a note with details of the fault with the product or the reason why you’re unhappy with the quality. After checking the product, if we agree that the product is faulty we’ll offer you a replacement product or a full refund and reimburse the return postage costs.
*Please Note: the time periods for returns, as referred to above, don’t apply where you’re returning items in accordance with the statutory rights that you have as a consumer (e.g. you have a right to return items that are faulty that extends beyond 14 days).
This returns policy doesn’t affect the statutory rights which you have as a consumer. The examples of your statutory rights given in this Returns Policy aren’t intended to be a full representation of all your statutory rights. Full details of your statutory rights can be obtained from a Citizen’s Advice Bureau or a Local Authority Trading Standards Office.
We only sell items to adults (i.e. those aged 18 or over) so if you’re under 18 years old, please don’t use this website.
By law we can’t sell tobacco products to persons under the age of 18. Proof of ID may be requested. By placing an order with us, you’re confirming that you’re of legal age. It’s illegal to buy restricted products if you’re under age or for someone else who’s under age.
When you shop with us via our website, all your financial transactions are secure and protected using High-grade Encryption. This process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third parties to intercept the data.
All warranties or guarantees in our terms of trading are additional to your statutory rights. Manufacturers’ warranties are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions and are at the discretion of the manufacturer.
54 Bank Street
01637 859 375